15 I don’t know, I think I enjoy both. Lately I’m too lazy to take photos, though. UXD 21 B/ Ok, idk, Romi Park, Mamoru Miyano, Adam Turla, Sarah Balliet… 63 I guess wearing low-cut pants. 74 Melodie de Paris by Hana because her tone is so happy <3 76 Trust, tolerance, sharing a few fandoms xD and good sex. 77 Give me chocolate covered raspberries and Jose Cuervo.
1 Alone, Shoji Meguro, Persona 4 OST. Lueur d’été, Petits chanteurs de Saint Marc, Les Choristes OST. The Lonely Shepherd, Gheorghe Zamfir, Kill Bill Vol. 1 OST. Devil in Mexico, Murder by Death, Who Will Survive and What Will Be Left of Them. AttenTion pLEasE, Tommy February6, Tommy Airline. To Love a Country, Trevor Morris, The Tudors OST.
I… just listen to a lot of OSTs.
46 No, and I’m glad because that means I didn’t kill it. I touched one by accident, though. But I think I didn’t harm it.
58 I can’t… but I can touch my elbow with my tongue. 8D
Now as I’ve said before I don’t watch Adventure Time, though I intend to. I mean I know that it EXISTS and I know that it seems utterly charming and I know that a lot of people with excellent taste love it and that I really ought to be watching it, and I’ve seen some clips, but yeah, I don’t watch it.
But as I’m sure some people have noticed, I’ve still been reblogging some stuff related to it recently- specifically, I’ve been reblogging stuff about the two ladies getting shipped all over the place. Marceline and Bubblegum, isn’t it?
I swear I’m going somewhere with this, but to meander over to one side for a moment, I’ve been seeing some posts around whining about this. Saying it’s ‘pandering’, saying it’s ‘creepy’ or ‘gross’ in a show for kids, saying it’s ‘overreacting’ and all sorts of shit. Expressing confusion at why people care so much. Tutting over those weird shippers.
Except this shit isn’t about shipping. As is evidenced by my caring despite not watching and therefore not specifically shipping it. Now, would anyone who wants to detract from this like to know why I care at all if that’s the case? If I don’t watch it, why I’m still on about it?
Well in order to do that, I need to tell you a story. Trigger warning for some nasty sexist language, by the way.
This story has to start with the fact that I am queer, and I am a lady. I have known I was queer since I was ten or eleven. And you know what else I have known since I was ten or eleven? That I am considered not fit to be around children. You see, I’m a dirty lesbo, and at the time I identified as bisexual (and people who don’t understand my actual orientation still call me that, so yeah) which made ten year old me a dirty slut. We can’t have kids exposed to people like me. I repeat: at ten or eleven I was aware I was considered too sexual to be around my own fucking age group. Now straight up, I never bought into it, personally. I knew it was bull because I had been so badly bullied at this stage that when something was common opinion I dismissed it automatically as a defense mechanism. But the fact remains, people were implying this about me, even if they didn’t realize it because I was passively closeted until I was fourteen.
And you know, this is something that was reinforced pretty strongly in the media. Ever noticed how there’s almost never anything in our media for kids with queerness in it? Interestingly, there are a few notable due to their rarity examples here in the UK (a couple Very Special Episodes, and one show that gets away with whatever it wants and is known for pulling all sorts as a result) that defy this a little, but we actually import a lot of the stuff for the young kids from the US and other places and we still get hit with this as a result:
Kids aren’t allowed to see queer people because it’s Just Not Appropriate.
That implicitly says, we’re dirty, we’re obscene in a way heterosexual people aren’t. A lady kissing a man is OK for children but a lady kissing a lady isn’t and what does that say? It says we’re inappropriate for kids. Because we’re sexual and we’re corrupting them and god, do you fucking get it now?
The Adventure Time thing is important because if ANYTHING comes of it, if a single fucking thing comes of it then that gets blown out of the water for kids like me. Suddenly you have this show and it says “no. that’s bullshit. kids can watch you because there’s nothing corrupting or wrong about you.”
People are calling this ‘pandering to fans’. Well I’m not a fan and I still fucking want this. People are calling this ‘perverse’ and yeah, thanks for calling my ten year old self perverse, fucker, because don’t try and pretend you’d object to heterosexual romance the same way. People are saying that fans are caring too much about shipping and it’s just, oh my god, what the fuck does this have to do with shipping?
There is a chance for something so fucking groundbreaking to maybe, just maybe, start up here. And people are looking at it, and because they have never in their entire fucking lives had to think of the issues where the ground is maybe about to be broken, they’re not even noticing them and they’re making it about shipping.
If you look at this, and you think ‘shipping’, and you think it’s those over obsessed fans being waaaay too invested in their OTP and being delusional about it, it’s you that’s fucking delusional, because it’s you who I’m willing to bet is so goddamn entrenched in your privilege that you’ve never once had to fucking think of it as anything more important.
And you know what?
If you think that the way you ship and what you enjoy watching as a ship is more important than any of the above, if you think that it’d be nice and all if we promoted tolerance and acceptance to kids but you just don’t think they’re a good pairing so can’t we do it some other time, you are a selfish arsehole and you are in no way an ally to me.
1) Put your iTunes on shuffle. Give me the first 6 songs that pop up.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, give me line 17.
4) What do you think about most?
5) What does your latest text message from someone else say?
6) Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
7) What's your strangest talent?
8) Girls.... (finish the sentence); Boys.... (finish the sentence)
9) Ever had a poem or song written about you?
10) When is the last time you played the air guitar?
11) Do you have any strange phobias?
12) Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
13) What's your religion?
14) If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
15) Do you perfer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
16) Simple but extremely complex. Favorite band?
17) What was the last lie you told?
18) Do you believe in karma?
19) What does your screen name mean?
20) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
21) Who is your celebrity crush?
22) Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
23) How do you vent your anger?
24) Do you have a collection of anything?
25) Do you perfer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
26) Are you happy with the person you've become?
27) What's a sound you hate; sound you love?
28) What's your biggest "what if"?
29) Do you believe in ghosts? How about aliens?
30) Stick your right arm out; what do you touch first? Do the same with your left arm.
31) Smell the air. What do you smell?
32) What's the worst place you have ever been to?
33) Choose:East Coast or West Coast?
34) Most attractive singer of your opposite gender?
35) To you, what is the meaning of life?
37) Do you believe in luck?
38) What's the weather like right now?
39) What time is it?
40) Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
41) What was the last book you read?
42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?
43) Do you have any nicknames?
44) What was the last movie you saw?
45) What's the worst injury you've ever had?
46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?
47) Do you have any obsessions right now?
48) What's your ringtone?
49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?
50) Do you believe in magic?
51) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
52) What is your astrological sign?
53) Do you save money or spend it?
54) What's the last thing you purchased?
55) Love or lust?
56) In a relationship?
57) Are you a virgin?
58) Can you touch your nose with your tongue?
59) Where were you yesterday?
60) Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
61) Are you wearing socks right now?
62) What's your favorite animal?
63) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
64) Where is your best friend?
65) Spit or swallow?(;
66) What is your heritage?
67) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
68) What do you think is Satan's last name?
69) Be honest. Ever gotten yourself off?
70) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
71) You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
72) You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
73) You can only have one of these things:trust or love.
74) What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
75) What are the last four digits in your cell phone number?
76) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
77) How can I win your heart?
78) Can insanity bring on more creativity?
79) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
80) What size shoes do you where?
81) What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
82) What is your favorite word?
83) Give me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:heart.
84) What is a saying you say a lot?
85) What's the last song you listened to?
86) Basic question:what's your favorite color/colors?
87) What is your current desktop picture?
88) If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode, who would it be?
89) What would be a question you'd be afraid to tell the truth on?
90) One night you wake up because you heard a noise. You turn on the light to find that you are surrounded by MUMMIES. The mummies aren't really doing anything, they're just standing around your bed. What do you do?
91) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what's even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
92) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
93) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
94) You have the opportunity to sleep with the music-celebrity of your choice. Who would it be?
95) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
96) Do you have any relatives in jail?
97) Have you ever thrown up in the car?
98) Ever been on a plane?
99) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
Warning: It’s all horror. Most of these contain ridiculous amounts of body horror. I honestly can’t remember all the shit in all of them to warn for it. If you want a summary or warning on a particular one, I’ll be happy to reread/skim it and tell you what to look out for.
When you “Fuck Up” (whether the fuck-up is minor or major) practice the “Four A’s”.
#1) Acknowledgment — is really important, IMO, because if you don’t
realize what you actually did, and how it was “fucked up”, there’s a high probability that you are going to do it again — a very high probability.
#2) Apology — is also really important — but it has to be genuine (which requires #1 - Acknowledgment). Saying things like “I’m sorry if you felt bad about what I said/wrote” or “I’m sorry if your feelings got hurt”, is, IMO, completely different from saying “I’m sorry that I said/wrote that. I see how it was fucked up, and here’s how I know that it was fucked up … . . “. (Keep in mind that “if” is a word reserved for hypotheticals, and doesn’t usually refer to real life. When used in apology, “if” is usually just a dilutive, and if you can’t really apologize, then don’t apologize at all. Sort of a perverse Thumper ethic.)
#3) Amends — sometimes the energy required to actually think about how you fucked up and make an honest acknowledgment/apology is enough to return balance to the situation (depends on the type of fuck up, though). In some cases, “making amends” might also mean returning money/energy/time that your fuck-up created for someone else. This can be returned in any of a number of creative ways. Example: If you got all defensive in an argument, and therefore the argument took eight hours instead of 30 minutes (hey, I’m a lesbian — I can DO me some processing!), consider just giving the person with whom you got all defensive eight hours of your time to do for them something that they might have gotten done if you hadn’t been all uppity-up in yourself being a defensive shit (not that I’ve ever done that … .no, that has never happened with me… . . OK, maybe just that once … OK — Fuck it! I’m completely busted here … .)
#4) Action — This may be the most important of the 4 A’s. If you know that you did something that was fucked up, and you’ve expressed that you’re genuinely sorry that you did this fucked up thing, then really, the only concrete evidence of this will be that you will change what you do in the future. For me, if I don’t take this step (action), the other three are just so much manipulation.
“We kissed, we held each other, we lay on top of each other in bed… and there were lots of complaints about that. Nobody complained that I was shot in the head four times, there were burning people in ovens, that I was stabbed by a mob of 50 people hundreds of times and I was hanging dripping my blood in a pit. So that’s what confuses me, because you’re not complaining about gay sex, you’re complaining about two men kissing. And it’s 2011. And people say, ‘Well why should we have that on television?’ Because the BBC have to represent the greater public - and there are gay people out there who pay their television license. For people to complain, that’s your prerogative - but you know what, none of them turned it off! They were just embarrassed because it put them in a position where they had to explain things to their kids or their family which probably should have been explained a long time ago.”—John Barrowman on viewer’s complaints over “too much gay content” in Torchwood: Miracle Day. (via bangbang-)